Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back from Vacation

My husband & I were fortunate enough to be able to go to Las Vegas for a family reunion. Each day there was a family event. We also went to see two shows; Lion King and a Cirque du Soleil show called Believe with Criss Angel. I also got to spend time by the pool, read, and I did a little stitching. The one thing I did not do was gamble. What I found is that there is plenty to see and do in Las Vegas even if you don't gamble. I hope I can go during the winter sometime to restock on sunshine and warmth. This past February we went to Phoenix where my husband was playing in a golf tournament. It wa wonderful to escape the cold, snowy, clouding northeast for a few days. I hope we can go somewhere sunny and warm again this coming February. The best part is having a time of peace away from routine and having dedicated time with my husband.

The only downside to vacation is catching up on your real life when you get back. But it is so worth it! I am thinking we should plan four long week end vacations a year. It is amazing how quickly you fall back into your normal routine when you return home. I love my children dearly but I am glad they are old enough to be left on their own for a few days so that DH and I can take these kinds of trips.

This trip helps me work toward my 'Strengthening Family Relationship' goal on my '101 Tasks List' . Now to get back to my stitching. I want to be able to post a finish here soon.

1 comment:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Your trip sounds wonderful! I've never been to Las Vegas, but I've always wanted to go. Nice to know that you really don't have to gamble to have fun.